This beautiful building was originally constructed in 1924 by the Britt family. For 55 years it successfully housed their Grocery store until its closure in 1979. The property then moved hands to the Kannons, a prominent Wendell family. It was from that family that we purchased the building in 2018.
For years we planned the space and were finally able to break ground in November of 2019. While the rear warehouse portion of the building had to be completely rebuilt, the front portion, constructed with brick, was in wonderful shape and only needed to be renovated. Now finished, you can see the beautiful craftsmanship from a time gone by through the open rafters.
Staying true to the age, function & design of the building, we continued with open rafters made of steel throughout the new addition in the back. This industrial design is followed through in the gridded windows and aged concrete floor.
It has been a journey, and we are finally open and taking tours!
Having been involved in our 4 children's weddings and of course our own, (38 years ago) and also having been in the design and service industry for many years, we decided on creating an event space. One where the bride and groom can feel welcome and comfortable on their monumental day.
We believe that the sanctity of marriage is a God ordained union from which He blesses and makes the earth fruitful. We are honored to be a part of this special day!